|About Silly Dreamer|
|Dick Robertson and Harry Stride were both active songwriters in the 1930s, 40s and into the 1950s.|
You’re always up in the skies
With that look in your eyes
Why don’t you come down to earth
To the things that are really worthwhile
You’re like a spoiled little child
Who just wants to run wild
And that’s the wrong way to be
Won’t you listen to me, my love?
You live in a world set apart
You laugh through your tears
Though it’s breaking your heart.
There’ll be no sun and no moon
Until you change your tune
But I will wait for the day
When again you will say I’m yours.
Session / Album Information
“Silly Dreamer” was recorded on October 17, 1951 and released as single that year with “Sleepless.” It was arranged by Percy Faith.
Silly Dreamer – 2011 Remaster, a song by Tony Bennett on Spotify
This recording released on:
- 1951: Columbia 78: 39635
- 1951: Columbia 45: 4-39635
- 2000: Blue Jackel CD: 8427328030137 — Blue Velvet and Other Early Hits
- 2001: Blue Moon CD: BMCD 8001 — Blue Velvet and Other Early Hits [Spain]
- 2004: Sepia Records CD: SEPIA 1028 — The Young Tony Bennett
- 2004: Solo CD: 1214 — Blue Velvet And Other Early Hits
- 2004: Blue Moon CD: BMCD 3013 — Blue Velvet And Other Early Hits [Spain]
- 2007: Proper CD: PROPERBOX 121 — Young Tony
- 2011: Disc #4 in The Tony Bennett Complete Collection (88697874602-JK4) The Columbia Singles, Volume 2