|About Wait Till You See Her|
|“Wait Till You See Her” was written for the Broadway musical By Jupiter, which starred Ray Bolger. Even though the song was well-recieved in previews, it was cut prior to opening in order to tighten up the show. Songs cut from productions are often lost, but Mabel Mercer loved the song and sang it regularly in her act. Other great recordings include those by Ella Fitzgerald and Blossom Dearie.|
Wait till you see her
see how he looks
wait till you hear her laugh.
Painters of paintings
writers of books
never could tell the half.
Wait till you feel
the warmth of her glance,
Pensive and sweet and wise.
All of it lovely
all of it thrilling
I’ll never be willing to free her.
When you see her
you won’t believe your eyes
Session / Album Information
This recording released on:
- 1976: Improv LP 12″: 7113 — Tony Bennett Sings 10 Rodgers & Hart Songs
- Disky CD: BX 883552 — As Time Goes By
- 1990: King CD: KICP-2046 — The Rodgers and Hart Songbook [Japan]
- 1991: Improv LP 12″: DARC2-2102 — The Rodgers And Hart Songbook
- 1991: DRG CD: CDXP 2102 — The Rodgers And Hart Songbook
- 2000: Horatio Nelson CD: HNRCD9001 — The Essential Tony Bennett (UK)
- 2002: Recall CD: RECA 353 — Have You Met Miss Jones? [UK]
- 2004: Concord CD: PRO-CJ-0081-2 — The Complete Improv Recordings Sampler
- 2004: Concord CD: CCD4-2255 — The Complete Improv Recordings
- 2005: Concord CD: 2243 — Sings the Rodgers & Hart Songbook
- 2006: Universal CD: 3122432 — Sings The Rodgers & Hart Songbook (UK)
- 2011: Disc #50 in The Tony Bennett Complete Collection (88697874602-JK49) Tony Bennett’s Sings 10 Rodgers & Hart Songs